Careers » UI/UX Product Designer (Saskatoon)
7shifts is a web-based employee scheduling software designed for the restaurant industry. We provide enormous value to restaurant owners, from independent establishments, to large franchises, by helping restaurant operators create schedules, streamline communications, and reduce labour costs. We provide a world-class product, complete with intuitive employee mobile apps, cutting-edge feature developments and an exemplary level of customer service. As a result, we’ve grown explosively to become a world leader in restaurant scheduling software.
With thousands of customers across the globe, we are scaling quickly and are looking for a dynamic, innovative UI/UX Product Designer to join our team and help shape the future of 7shifts. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
As a UI/UX Designer who will work with the Product Team to increase engagement and usability of our web and mobile apps. The ideal candidate will have a clean and bold aesthetic and is comfortable working from concept through execution.
- Collaborate with users, PMs, engineers and other designers to create intuitive, cohesive and delightful experiences.
- Conduct investigative research and usability tests with our growing local and global user-base
- Translate stakeholder goals, user research, and complex user flows into clean and usable prototypes
- Practice a highly efficient, iterative design process with light documentation to support the product goals
- Ensure a consistent and cohesive experience for our users as they move across different platforms and tasks
- Continuously improve product design with iterative solutions to existing components
- Clearly communicate rationale of design decisions, backed with insights from research and analytics
- Work with the engineering teams to ensure implementation of the design is accurate
- Give and receive constructive feedback regularly with great tact
- A solid portfolio of product work that demonstrates both your UX and visual design skills
- 2+ years as a UI/UX or Web Designer
- Keen attention to detail
- Exceptional visual design sensibilities and appreciation for minimal interface design
- Excellent organizational skills and stellar time-management skills
- Experience working closely with engineering teams
- A strong knowledge of UX best practices and tools, including user research and usability testing
It’d be cooler if you had:
- Experience using Sketch
- Experience in prototyping tools like Invision and Flinto
- Experience with Design Sprints and Agile Development
- Stock options (equity) in a Silicon Valley VC-backed startup
- Competitive health benefits
- Generous & flexible vacation
- Free catered lunches every Friday
- Unlimited snacks and fully stocked drink fridge with fresh juices
- A culture that values authenticity, trust, curiosity, and diversity of thought
- Apple equipment
- Casual dress code
- Convenient Broadway location close to awesome restaurants, of course
- Exciting technical challenges and learning opportunities
- Endless supply of Slack GIFs and dad jokes
To apply, shoot an email with your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “UI/UX Product Designer Position”.
We thank you for your interest in joining the 7shifts team! Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.