Careers » Outbound Account Executive (Toronto)
7shifts is a web-based employee scheduling software designed for the restaurant industry. We provide enormous value to restaurant owners, from independent establishments, to large franchises, by helping restaurant operators create schedules, streamline communications, and reduce labour costs. We provide a world-class product, complete with intuitive employee mobile apps, cutting-edge feature developments and an exemplary level of customer service. As a result, we’ve grown explosively to become a world leader in restaurant scheduling software.
With thousands of customers across the globe, we are scaling quickly and are looking for a talented, hands-on Outbound Account Executive to join our team and help shape the future of 7shifts. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
As the Outbound Account Executive, your primary goal will be to generate leads, develop an account portfolio, and meet monthly and quarterly sales revenue quotas selling 7shifts to the SMB market in your assigned geographic territory.
- Build a pipeline of prospects and manage the sales stages from initiate to close
- Generate list of prospective restaurants through research, cold-calling, internet and professional network
- Meet and exceed sales revenue and booking goals and overall objectives
- Educate prospects and clients about 7shifts products through presentations and product demonstrations
- Clearly articulate 7shifts value proposition and return on investment (ROI)
- Build a large user list as a reference in the assigned geographic territory
- Collaborate and work as a team with Business Development Representatives (BDRs) and Director of Sales.
- Cultivate relationships with business partner counterparts who sell and support complementary applications and services to labor management software serving the restaurant industry in your territory
- Plan, direct and coordinate sales support activities, including management of the sales pipeline through 7shifts sales tools (Salesforce)
- Ensure all targeted prospect/client contacts and engagement opportunities are recorded in the 7shifts sales tools (e.g.: Salesforce)
- Involved in all phases of the sales lifecycle including: identifying and developing leads; meeting with clients; developing value propositions; financial deal structuring; to contract negotiation and closing
- Share industry, deal, and sales “best practice” knowledge with other members of the sales team
- Understand the competitive landscape (strengths, weaknesses, benefits) and determine how to position 7shifts to win
- Must collaborate with Account Manager and Customer Success to ensure that expectations set during the sales process are met through the customer journey
- Provide ongoing feedback from restaurant principles to Sales, Marketing, and Product teams as well as aid in identifying new market opportunities
- A minimum of 1 year of direct sales experience
- Strong communication, organizational and presentation skills with ability to sell to all decision-making levels
- Ability to manage complex sales and develop strategic plans
- Proven negotiation skills
- Experience canvassing and cold-calling into various types of local businesses, with evidence of success
- Knowledge of restaurant operations
- Understanding of managing prospects through a CRM application
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Self motivated and driven, creative, flexible
- Stock options (equity) in a Silicon Valley VC-backed startup
- Competitive health benefits
- Generous & flexible vacation
- Free catered lunches every Friday
- Unlimited snacks and fully stocked drink fridge with fresh juices
- A culture that values authenticity, trust, curiosity, and diversity of thought
- Apple equipment
- Casual dress code
- Convenient Downtown location close to awesome restaurants, of course
To apply, shoot an email with your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Outbound Account Executive Position”.
We thank you for your interest in joining the 7shifts team. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.