Careers » Graphic Designer (Saskatoon)
7shifts is a web-based employee scheduling software designed for the restaurant industry. We provide enormous value to restaurant owners, from independent establishments, to large franchises, by helping restaurant operators create schedules, streamline communications, and reduce labour costs. We provide a world-class product, complete with intuitive employee mobile apps, cutting-edge feature developments and an exemplary level of customer service. As a result, we’ve grown explosively to become a world leader in restaurant scheduling software.
With thousands of customers across the globe, we are scaling quickly and are looking for a talented, hands-on Graphic Designer to join our team and help shape the future of 7shifts. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
As the Graphic Designer, you will turn marketing ideas and experiments into creative, visual deliverables. You will develop creative material for digital advertisements, social media, website design, etc. You are current with the latest graphic design and communication trends. You are a team player and thrive in a team dynamic and will leverage the skills of those around you to continually improve 7shifts marketing presence. You are target driven and adapt well to change. You will assist with other marketing projects as needed. You will have the opportunity to lead and collaborate on every aspect of our marketing deliverables, including strategy, execution, design, promotion, development, content, and measurement.
- Meet with Marketing and Design to determine the scope of projects
- Advise clients on strategies to reach a particular audience, including, trade show collateral, one-pagers, web designs for marketing site, email templates, internal collateral (HR/Ops), presentation templates, and videos
- Determine the message the design should portray
- Create images that identify a product or convey a message
- Develop graphics for product illustrations, logos, infographics, printed materials and landing pages
- Select colours, images, text style, and layout for ads, social media images, blog post assets that adhere to Brand guidelines
- Incorporate changes recommended by the Marketing team into the final design
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
- Bachelor Degree in Visual Communications, Bachelor of Arts, or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years experience designing with B2B or SaaS industry
- Strong graphic skills using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Prior experience with inbound marketing software, UI design and A/B testing.
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
It’d be cooler if you had:
- Experience with Pardot (Salesforce)
- Experience using intercom
- Knowledge of video and audio editing software (Screenflow)
- Stock options (equity) in a Silicon Valley VC-backed startup
- Competitive health benefits
- Generous & flexible vacation
- Free catered lunches every Friday
- Unlimited snacks and fully stocked drink fridge with fresh juices
- A culture that values authenticity, trust, curiosity, and diversity of thought
- Apple equipment
- Casual dress code
- Convenient Broadway location close to awesome restaurants, of course
- Endless supply of Slack GIFs
To apply, shoot an email with your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Graphic Designer Position”.
Note: All candidates must provide a current design portfolio to be considered.
We thank you for your interest in joining the 7shifts team! Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.