Careers » BDR: Business Development Representative (Toronto) TBD
7shifts is a web-based employee scheduling software designed for the restaurant industry. We provide enormous value to restaurant owners, from independent establishments, to large franchises, by helping restaurant operators create schedules, streamline communications, and reduce labour costs. We provide a world-class product, complete with intuitive employee mobile apps, cutting-edge feature developments and an exemplary level of customer service. As a result, we’ve grown explosively to become a world leader in restaurant scheduling software.
With thousands of customers across the globe, we are scaling quickly and are looking for a talented, hands-on Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our Toronto sales team and help shape the future of 7shifts. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
Our Sales team is looking for someone with a passion for sales, drive, and ambition. If you are entrepreneurial, have a love of technology, and enjoy relationship building and pitching to customers – this is the role for you.
- Prospecting via phone to food and drink venues such as restaurants, bars, cafés, food trucks etc. (100+ outbound calls per day)
- Prospect for potential customers using various direct methods such as calling, email and indirect methods such as networking.
- Conduct over-the-phone and in-person qualifying questions
- Prioritize and organize the lead pipeline for maximum efficiency on a daily basis
- Learn and leverage product features, partners, marketing and others to ensure goals are met.
- Understand 7shifts’ diverse value proposition and sales pitch in order to effectively attract qualified buyers
- Stay up-to-date with the competitive environment especially in the restaurant industry
- Work as a team to deliver the best customer experience at all times
- Ensure all sales activities are recorded, tracked and accurate in Salesforce
- Schedule online and onsite product demonstrations for both Inbound and Outbound Account Executives
- Achieve monthly quotas of closed business, calls and qualified opportunities
- Recognize your peers for being awesome!
- 1-3 years of sales experience
- You are highly motivated, energetic and have unparalleled communication skills.
- You have completed a bachelor’s degree or have demonstrated equivalent experience
- You are looking forward to building your career in sales and are incredibly eager to learn!
- You are driven, self-motivated, and determined
- Ability to manage a large number of opportunities simultaneously
It’d be cooler if you had:
- 1-3 years of of software sales experience
- Prospecting experience
- Stock options (equity) in a Silicon Valley VC-backed startup
- Competitive health benefits
- Generous & flexible vacation
- Free catered lunches every Friday
- Unlimited snacks and fully stocked drink fridge with fresh juices
- A culture that values authenticity, trust, curiosity, and diversity of thought
- Apple equipment
- Casual dress code
- Convenient Downtown location close to awesome restaurants, of course
To apply, shoot an email with your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “BDR Position”.
We thank you for your interest in joining the 7shifts team! Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.